Any queries should be addressed before paying the initial holding deposit. Payment of deposit is deemed to be an acceptance of our T&Cs.
As part of our booking policy, all terms and conditions must be agreed by guests before arrival at the property.
To protect our guests’ security, outside services, such as massage and treatments, are NOT allowed anywhere on Villa Alina property, unless organised through the House Manager.
- As a condition of booking, we require that the lead guest for each group reads and agrees to the following Terms & Conditions on behalf of all guests in their group. Any queries should be addressed before paying the initial holding deposit. Payment of deposit is deemed to be an acceptance of our T&Cs.
- On arrival day, the property will be available from 3.00pm. We try to be flexible to accommodate individual arrival times but this cannot be guaranteed. The latest check-in time is 7.00pm unless by prior arrangement. On departure day, clients must be ready to leave by 11.00am and allow us access to service the property from 9.00am. Please note that early arrival may mean that your party has some time waiting to enter your accommodation. A late departure travel time may mean you have some spare time after vacating the villa.
- Circumstances Beyond Our Control “Force Majeure”. The Villa Alina owners shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any matter outside their reasonable control, including (but not limited to) Acts of God, War, Civil Disturbance, Strikes or other Industrial Actions, Acts of Government, Epidemic or Pandemic or failure of public supplies, for example, telephone and cable TV services, water and electricity supplies and electricity voltage which can fluctuate and at times may be insufficient to power air-conditioning units, TVs and stereo equipment particularly during peak usage periods i.e. 6.00pm -11.00pm. Neither are the owners responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the holiday accommodation or which is beyond the control of the owners. We do not accept liability where the performance and/or prompt performance of our contract is affected or prevented by reason of circumstance amounting to force majeure.
- We are not liable for any claims for emotional or psychiatric injury or distress, loss or damage to your baggage, and loss or damage or anything occurring from the results of theft or attempted theft. Our maximum liability in any claims will be limited to the cost of your holiday. Our obligations, and those of our suppliers providing any service or facility, should be to do so with reasonable skill and care. Standards of, for example safety, hygiene and quality vary. Sometimes these standards will be lower than those expected in the UK. The services and facilities included in your holiday will be deemed to be provided with reasonable skill and care if they comply with any local regulations, or if there are no applicable local regulations, if they are reasonable when compared to the local standards and customs. If any international convention applies to or governs any of the services or facilities included in your holiday arranged or provided by us, or provided by any of our suppliers, and you make a claim against us of any nature arising out of death, injury, loss or damage suffered as a result of the provision of those services or facilities, our liability to pay you compensation and/or the amount (if any) of compensation payable to you by us will be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to that provided for by the international convention concerned (in each case) including in respect of the conditions of liability, the time for bringing any claim and the type and amount of any damages that can be awarded. If you choose to issue court proceedings against us (subject to your compliance with our complaints procedure) then you must do so within two years of your return home. Other than that set out above and as detailed elsewhere in these booking conditions we shall have no legal liability whatsoever to you for any loss, damage, personal injury or death which you suffer arising directly or indirectly from any aspect of your holiday.
- Property safety. We do not claim that Villa Alina is totally child friendly or safe and care should always be taken, especially around the veranda area with supervision being given to children. We do make efforts to ensure that reasonable care has been taken to address matters within the borders of the property. We are not liable for any accidents on the roof terrace which has a low railing. Please be very careful with children. The spiral staircase should be ascended and descended with care and without being intoxicated. If you have any concerns about the safety of Villa Alina, please contact us or our manager immediately. Any genuine problems brought to our attention will be dealt with as quickly as is locally possible, if feasible. Despite our efforts and advice given, it is ultimately your responsibility for the care and safety of the members of your group. The UK Department of Health has a free leaflet on Health Advice for Travellers, available by telephoning 0800 555 7777.
- We have 24-hour security (day and night shift) who are stationed by the front gate. He will be patrolling the grounds throughout the day and evening. Additionally, CCTV is in operation around the Villa to maintain safety and security.
- We have safety deposit boxes installed in each room. We advise you to use these to store all valuables and personal belongings including passports etc. We cannot accept responsibility or liability for any valuables that are not deposited and are lost, stolen or damaged. All items are left out at the owner’s risk. Please ensure all outside doors are locked when guests leave the house or are by the poolside.
- Should you have a problem on your holiday, please contact our house manager as soon as possible. We must be given an opportunity to resolve any issues brought to our attention and reasonable allowances should be made by you regarding the amount of time taken to rectify the problem. It is unreasonable to take no action whilst on holiday but then write a letter of complaint upon return. If you do not raise concerns immediately, this may affect our ability to investigate and take remedial action and it may impact on the way your complaint is dealt with.
- After your booking is confirmed and a deposit received, a confirmation email will be sent to you giving you details of the accommodation booked, dates and the total cost due. This confirmation email forms a contract between the owners and the person to whom it is addressed and is based on the understanding that you, on behalf of yourself and all the other persons on whose behalf the booking is made, have read and understood our Terms and Conditions. A deposit of 50% is required to confirm your booking. Full payment is due, no later than eight weeks, before arrival at the villa. We reserve the right to cancel your stay at our property.
- Villa Alina is a family home and should be treated with care. Please respect the property, its contents and surrounding areas. An inventory has been taken of the property and any damage or breakages will have to be deducted from your Rs.20,000 security deposit. This refundable deposit will be taken at the time of booking. You will be invoiced for any damages above this amount.
- Cancelling Your Holiday. Should you wish to cancel your booking once it has been accepted by us, we must receive written instructions from the person who made the booking to this effect. The cancellation will take effect from the day the written instructions are received. The following scale of cancellation charges apply:
More than 60 days before the start of the holiday = FULL REFUND
Between 36-59 days before the start of the holiday = 50% of total holiday cost
Less than 36 days before the start of the holiday = 100% of total holiday cost.
We strongly recommend that you take out holiday insurance which covers against loss of deposit or cancellation fees.
- If for reasons out of your hands such as a government regulation change, mean that your trip to Goa is unable to go ahead then a voucher or full refund will be offered. This will be judged on a case-by-case basis and at the discretion of the owners.
- As a condition of booking, for international guests, we require that you take out adequate holiday insurance cover for each person in your party. At least 21 days prior to arrival we will require you to furnish us with the Company Name and policy number of your insurance, together with the 24 hour emergency telephone number. If you fail to provide us with these details, we reserve the right to cancel your booking with no refund of payments you have made to us. Please note this is applicable to guests from outside of India.
- The holiday accommodation is booked exclusively for the persons named on the booking form. No other persons may use the accommodation without our express permission. The villa is booked for normal holiday use only and pets/animals are not allowed. If our manager or any other person in authority deems that you are behaving in such a way as to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others or damage to property, your holiday arrangements may be terminated by us. In this situation we will have no liability to you and will not be responsible for making any refund, paying any compensation or meeting any costs or expenses you incur as a result. Further, you must meet any expenses we incur as a result of your behaviour. Call Girls are not allowed on the grounds of Villa Alina. If these rules are broken we have the right to ask guests to leave immediately with no refunds offered.
- This is a self-catering property and the Villa Alina staff are employed by the owners for daily cleaning of rooms. If the maids have time after their duties they will assist with cleaning the kitchen and veranda after meals. Please note our maids are not available 24-hours a day.
- Villa Alina is a holiday home and not a location for functions unless these have been previously agreed with the owners and manager. Villa Alina reserves the right to charge an extra usage fee if the function has been organised and agreed. Guests are not allowed to bring outside people into the villa unless previously agreed. If this number of guests exceeds 14 people this will be considered a function and will lead to additional charges.
- It must be agreed prior to your arrival to use Villa Alina as a location for any films, tv programmes or other mediums. This will be charged at a different rate dependent on the terms of filming.
- Please note we cannot accept responsibility or liability for your safety on any booked third party trips. Please ensure that the provider of the trip is insured for all eventualities of their customers.
THE POOL – We take pool safety very seriously and expect our guests to follow our safety rules
- DO NOT USE THE POOL AT ANY TIME IF YOU CANNOT SWIM, NOT EVEN IN THE SHALLOW END. • READ ALL THE SAFETY NOTICES. THEY HAVE BEEN PUT UP FOR A REASON. • The main lead guest (signatory to Villa Alina terms and conditions) is responsible in making sure that all other guests are aware of the pool rules which are there for your safety.
- The pool is for exclusive use of the named persons staying at Villa Alina only. Guests are not permitted to use the pool.
- Children aged 12 and under, need to be accompanied by a responsible adult (aged 18 and over) at all times when child is at the pool. Under 3’s are not allowed in the pool at anytime.
- Bathers, aged 13 to 17, must not use the pool alone.
- Please be aware of potential pool hazards to young children. Supervision is required at all times.
- Children are at most risk during siesta times, early morning and evenings. These are usually the times when adults are not around.
- During social gatherings near the pool, appoint a “designated adult watcher” to protect young children from pool accidents. When adults become preoccupied, children are at risk.
- If a child is missing, check the pool first. Seconds count in preventing death or disability. Go to the edge of the pool and scan the entire pool, bottom and surface, as well as the pool overflow/water channel area. Refer to emergency telephone numbers in the guest book if there is an accident. Please note that the house manager can always be contacted on his mobile phone.
- Do not consider young children to be drown-proof because they have had swimming lessons. Children must be watched closely while swimming.
- Do not use flotation devices as a substitute for supervision.
- Remove toys from in and around the pool when it is not in use. Toys can attract young children to the pool.
- Walking on the black marble around the pool is prohibited at all times. This is the area where the pool overflows into the water channel.
- Please avoid getting sand into the pool as this affects the filter system.
- Under no circumstances is anyone allowed in the overflow water channel.
- The Villa Alina manager will be responsible for the maintenance of the pool. It may be possible that the manager will decide to close the pool for any use because of repeated health and safety problems.
- Always listen to the house manager when it comes to the use of the pool. His decision on the use of the pool is final. • Do not swim if you have drunk alcohol, taken illicit drugs or eaten a meal.
- If you have eaten allow at least 2 hours for food to digest before swimming.
- If taking prescription or over-the-counter medication, check whether it affects physical exercise or if it will cause drowsiness. If it does do not use the pool.
- Avoid unruly behaviour (running, chasing etc.) which can be dangerous.
- Swim within your limits, don’t overdo it.
- If you are feeling at all unwell do not use the pool.
- Make sure you know which the deep and shallow end is.
- NO DIVING OR JUMPING INTO THE POOL. • NO RUNNING BY THE POOL.
- Do not use the pool if you have a medical condition such as epilepsy, asthma, diabetes or a heart condition.
- Do not drink pool water. Remember it is everyone’s bath water.
- Do not swim if you have diarrhoea. Even if you don’t have an accident, you can still contaminate the water.
- Maintain good hygiene, shower before going into the pool. A pool shower has been provided.
- After using the bathroom or changing a nappy always wash your hands with soap and water.
- Take your child on bathroom breaks often instead of waiting for them to find you, when it might be too late.
- If you have open wounds, or an obvious known infection that is spread through water, do not swim.
- Do not eat or drink in or near the pool.
- No glassware to be used around or in the pool area. Plastic ware has been provided for use near the pool.
- If any glassware is broken in the pool area the pool will have to be emptied and cleaned at the guests’ cost. Also please note this may mean you may not be able to use the pool for the rest of your stay.
- Please do not use indoor bedroom towels for pool use. Pool towels are provided.